Pre and post surgery therapy suggestions
Please view these as suggestions. Every surgery in unique.
one week prior to surgery
- drink plenty of water.
- purchase and start using a dry brush
- ask your dr about adding protein drinks or surgery recovery drinks like Juven to your diet.
- ask your dr. about taking bromeline and arnica for recovery and reduced bruising.
- ask you doctor about ordering smaller sizes of compression as your swelling goes down from lymphatic work.
- visit your lymphatic/surgery recovery therapist to learn about self manual lymphatic work and stretches.
- schedule appointments for therapy
a few days after surgery and every 3-5 days after that for two weeks.
- therapist comes to your home, assesses your needs, preforms manual lymph drainage body work.
every week for a month
- lymphatic drainage sessions, prevention of fibrotic areas, and prevention of seromas